Sunday, June 19, 2011

Life After Entrees

I know it's not exactly my field, but following my last post i've expanded from breads to practice my desserts. I'll just show a few I was particularly proud of.

 Tarts are surprisingly easy to make, especially in large quantities. I filled these with an almond filling, but if I were to do it again I think I could find something a little easier. Then topped with fresh cherries and almond slices. For the shell I decided to forgo the usual tart shell and go with a cookie dough, it got a lot better color and just crumbles perfectly in your mouth (not on your shirt). So sauce is sour cherry to balance out the sweetness from the rest of it.

 I'm going to be honest.....I hate these things. They take way too much time to make, fall apart if you aren't careful, and in my personal opinion don't even taste that great. However they cost practically nothing and will sell out instantly. A few of these will raise the level of every dessert on the table.

Presentation wise this may be the most interesting dessert, however i'm posting it because it was one of my favorite creations. It's a poached pear and hazelnut doughnut with apple caramel and just a bit of powdered sugar. This was my first time working with this dough, I think if I were to remake it I would have to increase the sugar content. However that's why I made the caramel to balance it out, so ultimately it tasted perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment